Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm back

It's been too long since my last post and it's not because the fishing stinks. Quite the contrary, it’s been pretty good and that's one of the reasons I haven't posted anything lately. I’ve been too busy fishing and working on assignments.
I finally caught several fish on a writers' trip last month. Uncle Josh/ Kalin's sponsored a writers' trip on Lake Erie out of Presque Isle Bay and the fishing was good for both smallmouth and largemouth. My first full day of fishing there I caught nine smallmouth with my best five probably weighing 15 pounds. I also caught 13 largemouth in the bay's lagoon with the largest probably weighing more than 3 pounds. The largemouth were busting baitfish in the morning and we caught most of these schooling fish buzzing a dirty avocado Kalin's 4 inch grub along the surface. Dragging the same grub along the bottom in the bay and jerking a purple/pearl Spro McStick produced all of my smallmouth.
This was the second time I've fished Presque Isle Bay and both times the fishing has been great. I would highly recommend visiting this great fishery if you ever get a chance. For more information on the area, go to www.visitErie.com .

3 comments:

  1. I would like to see a picture of one of those Lake Erie bronzebacks you were catching. I hear they are rather chunky. Get any over six pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John, Glad you had fun in Erie, it was great getting to fish with you again. Hopefully we'll see you back on the Bay next year sometime!

    DL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you had a good time! It was a good thing we had that I-Pilot in the lagoons so Darl and Vic could show us how to take pictures... :)

    Chad

    ReplyDelete